Origins, Evolution, and Clinical Significance of the Tygerberg Strict Criteria (Session 60)
Tuesday 20th April, 2021. 3PM EST/ 8PM GMT / 9PM CET
This session is kindly sponsored by ZyMōt™ Fertility.
DR. ROELOF MENKVELD
Special achievement: Founder/Author of the (Tygerberg) strict criteria method for the evaluation of human sperm morphology, as part of my PhD dissertation (1987), which is now the official WHO (2010) method for human sperm morphology evaluation.
• BSc.Agric University of Stellenbosch (1970).
• Hons.BSc in Medical Sciences in Cytogenetic, University of Stellenbosch (1972).
• MSc in Medical Sciences in Cytogenetic, University of Stellenbosch (1980).
• PhD in Medical Sciences (Cytology/Andrology), University of Stellenbosch (1987).
• Retired. Special appointments:
• Outside lecturer: Associate professor, Department Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Stellenbosch University.
Previous: Professor and Chief Specialist Scientist and Director of the Andrology Laboratory, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Tygerberg Academic Hospital and Stellenbosch University, Tygerberg (Cape Town), South Africa.
• Past coordinator ESHRE SIG-Andrology: July 2011 – July 2013
• Co-ordinator ESHRE SIG-Andrology: 2008 to 2011.
• Member ESHRE SIG Andrology subcommittee for EQC program for semen analyses.
• Member ESHRE SIG Andrology training subcommittee.